|1. Ingested iodine in Lugol's consists of both Iodine and Iodide. Both are required in the studies as the form is not interchangeable as outlined in the studies.|
2. Physiologic range of min 10 ug/L to 300 ug. Theraputic range from 12mg to 25g
Thyroid sufficiency is 300ug to 2.5 mg.
Breast suffucuency is 2.5 to 12 mg
No adverse affect on thyroid is 12mg to 125mg
Adverse effects range from 125mg to 25g
3. Geographic areas most at risk Great Lakes & Swiss Alps. Least at risk is Japan where seaweed is eaten.
4. Lugol's 50mg Iodine & 100mg potassium iodide with a total of 125 mgI/ml. uggested daily amount is 0.1ml is equivalent to 12.5mg of I. This is very close to the 13.5mg that Japanese eat.
5. Amiodarone is used as an iodine supplement - huge side effects.
6. Iodoral www.optimox.com
7. To achieve 90% retention of I most subjects require 37 to 50 mg of I supplements per day (3 to 4 tabs Iodoral) for a period of 3 months.
8. Iodized salt. Chlorides compete with the Iodide in salt and is not well absorbed. Of 75 ug ingested from 10g of table salt, 90% is absorbed due to iodine deficiency indicating iodine whole body insufficiency. Ingesting 60 times that amount in its elemental form for 3 mos gives 90% retention. There is 30,000 times more Na than I in table salt.
9. Possible link to breast cancer due to hypothroidism and the preferential uptake of bromine over iodine in the mammary glands.
10. Iodide is the reduced form of iodine. I2 gives up its electrons to form Iodide or I-
1. Mg stabilizes the uptake of Iodine.
2. Preliminary data so far suggest that even atrophic autoimmune thyroiditis can be reversed with this program of Mg & Iodide/Iodine
See also Iodoral